Video Services offers a wide range of professional video services ranging from multiple-camera studio and field production to editing and duplication services.The experienced staff can assist clients in virtually any phase of the production process from script writing to shooting and editing. Free consultation is available to all clients.
- Projects may include videotaping guest lecturers, seminars and any other instructional event provided that the video will be used in a specific course that is listed in the UCSB course catalog.
- Faculty may also prerecord a lecture for future classroom playback in the event of extenuating circumstances.
- In addition, a faculty member can request that portions of his or her course be taught in Studio A. Approval for this intensive use of Studio A's facilities is made on a case-by-case basis and is subject to cost recovery.
- The Faculty Media Center includes one digital video editing suite with Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, and DVCAM recorders and the capablity of compressing video for the web. Faculty must consult with the Office of Instructional Consultation (http://oic.id.ucsb.edu) for access to this center. Faculty are typically given up to 24 hours of free access per course per year.
- Course lectures can be videotaped and made available for streaming playback on a cost recovery basis.
Passport Photos are available in Video Services: 1204 Kerr Hall
- Standard US as well as Canadian and other "non standard" styles
- EAP, exam and European job application photos
* Note regarding Passport Photos: US and US style 2x2 inch ID photos (including EAP ID Photos) available instantly (15 min turnaround) whenever personnel are available (hours vary please call x4345 to verify). Passport photos for other countries, immigration, visa, digital delivery and foreign job application photos are available but require an appointment and are not available instantly. Please e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment for any non-US passport, visa, foreign or domestic job application, or immigration photo that has differing dimensions than standard US passport.